Ravo (Milky Semolina Pudding)
Ravo is a milky semolina pudding made by the people of the Parsi community, synonymous with all happy occasions in a Parsi household, Ravo can be enjoyed hot for breakfast, or cold as a light summery dessert, it is loved by kids and adults alike.
- 2 tbsp coarse rava semolina or suji
- 1 tbsp custard powder use any flavour of choice, I used vanilla
- 4 to 5 tbsp Sugar granulated
- 3 cup milk toned milk will do
- 2 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup raisins seedless
- 1/4 cup almonds thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 tsp chalori chilonji nuts
- Soak the semolina (rava) in a bowl of water for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl make a slurry using all of the custard powder and 2 tablespoons of the milk.
- At this stage add in the custard powder slurry and whisk continuously.
- Garnish with nuts of choice and raisins. Serve hot as breakfast or cooled as a mid day snack. Enjoy!
Calories: 354 kcal | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0.003 g | Cholesterol: 51 mg | Sodium: 83 mg | Potassium: 470 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 21 g | Vitamin A: 312 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 264 mg | Iron: 1 mg
No comments yet
Looks really nice!
Just a lovely recipe and well explained too.