Lauki Ka Achar (Bottle Gourd Pickle)
The word 'Lauki' is always related to 'bland' despite its health benefits. It is good for digestion and relieves constipation. To give a little twist to normal lauki vegetable, prepare it like pickle.
- Cut Lauki Bottle Gourd ½ kgs
- Mustard Oil 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds powder 1 ½ tsp
- Salt Red Chilly powder coloured red chilly powder, Turmeric powder as per taste
- Immerse cut pcs of Lauki in boiling water in which turmeric powder is already added. Keep it immersed for 5-10 min and then remove excess water and dry the pcs for some time. Mix all ingredients and store in glass jar.
- Keep it sunlight for 2-3 days till we get the required sourness. Once ready serve with roti.
No comments yet
Interesting presentation of a commonly disliked vegetable. Can this be made with Olive oil?