100% Whole Wheat Flour Burger Buns
Burgers are always hit with kids, and we get burger buns easily in market. But there is a lot more to this recipe of Homemade Burger Buns which comes packed with lots of love & health benefits, as it is made with 100% whole wheat flour.
- 3 and a 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1.5-2 cup of warm water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tbsp instant yeast or 1 and 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of curd
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds I was out of them so used flax seeds
- 1 tsp milk
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, yeast, curd and 2 tbsp oil in a mixing bowl and mix them well, If you are using Active Dry yeast, first prove it in warm water with help of sugar and then add that yeast water to the flour.
- Mix them and add warm water little by little to make a soft and smooth dough. To attain that the dough has to be kneaded for minimum 5-7 minutes. Now add 1/2 tbsp oil from the remaining oil and again knead for 2-3 minutes
- Now use the remaining oil to brush a deep vessel and keep this dough in that vessel. Now put that at some warm place (nothing better than your microwave) for first proofing for 1-2 hours
- The dough will be doubled in size after this. It happens faster when you use instant yeast.
- Now make equal sized balls with the dough trying to remove all the cracks. I generally take all the cracks downwards and then pinch the dough to remove the crack. This much flour yielded me 6 normal sized and one cute small bun for my daughter
- Now mix a tbsp melted butter with a tsp milk and brush the buns with this liquid to ensure a soft golden crust, Now sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Now is the time for 2nd proofing. Put them on a warm place for 30-40 minutes, they will again be almost doubled in size and be puffy
- After this bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15 -17 minutes. Till the golden crust on top appears, Brush these warm buns with melted butter as soon as they are out if oven. this way they will remain soft.
No comments yet
Excellent and A must try easy recipe