- 1 cup Poha Chivda, I used red rice chiwda
- 1 tbsp Oil add more only if required
- 1/3 tsp Jeera Cumin Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 1/3 cup Onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Powder adjust amount to heat
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 pinch Garam Masala adjust amount according to the strength of the masala
- ¼ tsp Amchur Dry Mango Powder
- 1 cup Green Peas shelled, Matar, frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp Coriander freshly chopped
- Lime wedges Fresh
- Take a sauce pan and dry roast the chiwda on low medium heat till it becomes crunchy. It took me approximately two minutes but the time will depend on the quality of the chiwda used. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same sauce pan, add oil and once it is hot, add cumin seeds and as soon as it begins to crackle, add asafoetida followed by onion, ginger and green chilies. Keep the heat on high.
- Sauté till the onions become soft and translucent. Reduce heat and add spices, except amchur, and sauté the contents for ten to fifteen seconds.
- Increase heat and add washed green peas and sauté them for half a minute.
- Add two to three tablespoons of water and reduce the heat and cook till the peas are done stirring occasionally. Add more water if required. But once done, there should be no water in the peas. Sprinkle the amchur and mix well.
- Sprinkle some coriander and squeeze a little bit of fresh lime juice over the peas and serve immediately along with the roasted chiwda.
- It is mostly basmati chiwda that is preferred, in Bihar, for making this snack. But it is not easily available everywhere therefore use any chiwda that you prefer.
- Feel free to use ghee instead of oil for a richer taste.
Masala Papad Cones Recipe
Masala papad cones is a very very simple and quick Indian snack recipe. All Indian…
Mamool / Maamoul
Mamool is a traditional Middle Eastern cookies recipe.They are semolina based cookies that have three…
Eggless Chocolate Cake With Molasses
An Eggless Chocolate cake recipe with molasses which packed with goodness of Molasses and its…
Italian Pomodoro Sauce
This is a very good recipe, easy to make at your home. If you are…
Lemongrass Tea For Weight Loss
Lemongrass Tea has lots of benefits. It is good for blood pressure and good skin.…
Red Velvet Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Red Velvet Nutella Stuffed CookiesThese Red Velvet cookies are extremely delicious with the added benefit…
Beware of These Foods That Can Poison Your Dogs
As fur parents, one of our most important responsibilities is ensuring that our dogs only have access to healthy food…
Don’t starve but do these 5 things to lose weight
Discover how to lose weight without starving yourself. Say goodbye to fad diets and hello to sustainable weight loss with…
A Guide to Starting a Successful Home Baking Business
Does everyone you know think that your cookies and cakes are the best? Perhaps many have told you that you…
5 foods that you crave for on a rainy day
For most of us rainy season is the best season of all, if and only if we have no work…
Baking Bread – 12 Must Have Baking Ingredients In Your Kitchen
Must Have Baking Ingredients! More often than not, baking is a planned event, but there are times when you decide…
The Top 8 Ways Coffee Can Help You Lose Weight
Coffee is one of the world’s favorite beverages, and for good reason! It tastes amazing, it gives you a boost…