Italian Pomodoro Sauce
This is a very good recipe, easy to make at your home. If you are cooking pasta at home with tomato sauce this is a right recipe you can follow. The ingredients are easy to find and it doesn't take much longer to cook. You definitely love it.
- 15 kgs Tomatoes local
- 8 Garlic chopped
- 500 ml Olive oil
- 8 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 bunch Rosemary
- 1/4 bunch Basil
- 2 bunch Bay leaves
- 4 tsp Paprika powder
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 300 gm Balsamic vinegar
- 300 ml Tomato Puree
- Take a large pot. stand on a flame. Put it on a high heat. Add herbs and garlic sauté for 3 minutes.
- After add your tomatoes but tomatoes should be at least cut into 1/2 or 1/4. This would make the sauce cook faster.
- Lower your heat to medium and keep stirring so that it wont stick on the base.
- When you see the tomatoes and herbs are start to get messy than add water or the vegetable stock equal to the equal level of tomatoes inside the pot. Also add balsamic vinegar, tomato puree and touch of little sugar.
- Bring up to boil and keep stirring occasionally. Don't let the sauce get burnt from below. if you have wooden spatula it works pretty well for stirring it.
- After the liquid on a pot reduced almost half close the fire then then put it on a blender batch by batch or if you have large blender or a robocoup it works much easier.
- After you blended check the seasoning. If you feel it taste sour add sugar to balance the sour taste and most important check the salt.
- You can use it in kinds of pasta.
- Once you make this, you can even freeze it seal or vacuum pack for a month.
- Besides, this recipe you can even use canned tomatoes which you can buy from a supermarket pretty easily.
- I hope recipe will be useful and you can make your choice of pasta with this delicious pasta sauce.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 612 kcal | Carbohydrates: 119 g | Protein: 24 g | Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g | Sodium: 897 mg | Potassium: 6308 mg | Fiber: 34 g | Sugar: 80 g | Vitamin A: 22058 IU | Vitamin C: 352 mg | Calcium: 323 mg | Iron: 9 mg