This Dahi Aloo chaat is a perfect Option to have during this Navratri Fasting Days, These Aloo tikki are made with Boiled Aloo, Buckwheat Flour (Kuttu ka Aata), Some regular spices, Mint leaves and lots of Coriander leaves. Topped with Plain Yogurt and again Coriander leaves and Red chili powder.
4 Potatoes, Boiled and mashed
50 gm Buckwheat Flour/Kuttu ka Aata
1/2 tsp Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
1 tsp Black pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
21/2 Cup Curd
Oil/ Ghee to fry Aloo vada
1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 Tbsp Mint leaves, chopped
1. Boil the Potatoes, Cool them and peel and mash them.
2. Take mashed Potatoes in Bowl and add Buckwheat flour, plain salt, black pepper, and Cumin Powder then knead them together.
3. Beat the curd. Add plain salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper and mix.
4. Heat a Deep pan with Oil or ghee, Take some of the dough and make a round ball. Place the ball on the wet cloth and flatten by using water then put it in the pan. Make 4-5 Vadas at one time and put in the pan.
5. Turn Vadas from one side to another and fry till they turn brown.
6. Take out the Vadas from the pan, and Put them on absorbent paper to remove access Oil from the Vada.
7. You can dip these Vadas in to the beaten Curd, or you can simply Pour the Curd on the Vadas and sprinkle some Red chili powder, Cumin Powder and garnish with Keep the fruity Vadas on bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
If you are not fasting, you can add any flour to make these Vada.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 3.7 based on 7 votes
Be the first to rate this post.