Aloo Tikki Burger At Home: Stuffed And Baked
Aloo Tikki Burgers are extremely popular within Kids, and they often demand to have one. In my article of healthy eating habits, I expressed that you cannot always say NO to your children. However, as a mother it is important to tweak the recipes into healthy recipe. So I replaced the all-purpose flour burger buns with homemade whole wheat buns with added superfine wheat bran.
- 200 gm Whole wheat flour
- 30 gm Wheat Bran superfine
- 1 tbs tbsp Flax Seed Powder
- 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- 120 ml Water
- 4 Cutlet Grilled
- 4 tsp Mayonnaise Veg
- 4 Cheese slice
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds Optional
- In a bowl mix yeast, honey and lukewarm water and keep it aside until yeast froths. In another bowl, dissolve flax seed powder into 2 tablespoons lukewarm water. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl take whole wheat flour and salt. Add activated yeast solution and flax seed powder solution.
- Start kneading the dough by adding water to it and prepare a soft dough. Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it rest until doubles.
- Once dough doubles in volume, punch it to release the air. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Dust the surface lightly with flour and roll each dough ball into a circular disc.
- Spread one teaspoon of Veg mayonnaise. Place grilled cutlet and cheese slice on it. Fold all the open edges towards centre and seal properly.
- Similarly shape all the dough balls and place them on a greased baking tray. Brush these Aloo Tikki Burger with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Let these Aloo Tikki Burger rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 ºC. Bake these Aloo Tikki Burger in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out the baked burgers from oven and brush with butter or olive oil. Serve hot.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 514 kcal | Carbohydrates: 45 g | Protein: 50 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0.01 g | Cholesterol: 148 mg | Sodium: 568 mg | Potassium: 971 mg | Fiber: 10 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 187 IU | Vitamin C: 0.03 mg | Calcium: 210 mg | Iron: 4 mg