Alfalfa is a real star of this sandwich. Alfalfa sprouts are young seedlings of alfalfa plant, they are good source of fiber and protein, prevents heart diseases and diabetes. Coming to the recipe, this is a delicious vegetarian sandwich recipe dressed up with mild, creamy guacamole pairs well with crispy alfalfa sprouts, also packed with cheese, red onions, mushroom, tomato, black olives drizzled with red wine vinaigrette which makes a satisfying meal. Italian seasoning adds an extra flavor. This sandwich is a perfect fit for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Serve this great tasty sandwich with a side of hot soup, potato chips and soda.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Guacamole from 1 Avocado
- 4 Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 1 Medium Size Red Onion
- 3 Mushroom, Sliced
- 1 Medium Size Tomato, Sliced
- 6 Black Olives, Chopped
- 4 Tsp of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Alfalfa Sprouts
- 2 Tsp of Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Italian Seasoning as needed
- 6 Jalapeno Slices
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Wash the alfalfa sprouts and keep it aside.
Wash and chop the onion and black olives. Slice the mushroom and tomato.
- In a baking pan, place two sandwich bread, On one bread – add red wine vinaigrette, onion, mushroom, cheddar cheese.
On another bread, place tomato, black olives, jalapenos, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Broil it for 5 mins in an oven.
Take it out, add guacamole and alfalfa sprouts.
- Put the slices together, cut it diagonally or vertically to create finger sandwiches.
Serve this guacamole and alfalfa sprouts sandwich with potato chips, soup and soda.