Cream Cheese Vanilla Pound Cake
Cream cheese vanilla pound cake is a simple yet an elegant and delectable cake that can be enjoyed during tea time or after a meal as a dessert. It is soft textured and baked using whole wheat flour and cream cheese as the main ingredients.
- 1 Â¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Â¼ cup corn flour
- 1 Â¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tin sweet condensed milk 400 gm
- 100 gm unsalted butter
- 100 gm cream cheese
- Â½ cup + 1/8 cup 175 ml water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt butter using double boiling method and allow it to cool completely
- Sift whole wheat flour, corn flour, baking soda and baking powder 3 to 5 times
- Make a small well in the flour mixture and add condensed milk, water, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Whisk gently until there are no lumps.
- Add cream cheese and using an electric beater just beat for a min @ speed 1 (Do not overdo this step, otherwise the cake will turn hard)
- Pour the cake batter in a well greased pan aligned with parchment sheet.
- Level using a spatula as the batter will be relatively thick.
- Bake for 50 â€“ 55 mins @ 180 in a preheated oven(preheat @ 180)
- Cool completely before slicing and serve as it is or with vanilla buttercream frosting.
Optional ingredient – If you want more sweetness add 1/8 cup sugar.(Dissolve sugar in water before using the water)