Apple Gingerbread Cake Recipe
Enjoy this yummy gingerbread cake with your evening tea or coffee
- 250 gm plain flour
- 175 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
- 50 gm unsalted butter chilled
- 3 apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 120 ml milk
- 110 gm brown sugar dark brown
- 100 gm baking sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 egg
- 60 gm walnuts chopped
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp spice mixed
- 1 tsp cloves ground
- 1 tbsp ginger ground
- 1 pinch Salt
- Melt the 50 g of butter into a saucepan and fry the apples until golden and tender. Set these to one side for now.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Line and grease the insides of two 23cm round cake tins.
- Using an electric mixer if you have one, or a hand blender, whiz up the 175g butter, honey, dark brown sugar, and caster sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until blended.
- Sieve the flour, bicarb, spices, and salt together. Mix the sugar mixture into the dry mixture a little at a time, alternating with the milk, until everything is smooth and fully combined.
- Stir the walnuts in, along with the apples until everything is mixed. Divide this between the two cake tins and spread evenly.
- Cook these cakes for around half an hour or until firm. Leave the Best Korean rice cooker on for your candied walnuts. Cool the cakes on a wire rack.
- This recipe takes a little while longer than some other gingerbread recipes, but the icing on the cake makes it into the perfect dessert to serve at a family Christmas party.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 857 kcal | Carbohydrates: 102 g | Protein: 11 g | Fat: 48 g | Saturated Fat: 25 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 165 mg | Sodium: 494 mg | Potassium: 335 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 58 g | Vitamin A: 1321 IU | Vitamin C: 5 mg | Calcium: 97 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Oh wow! thank you for this free apple gingerbread cake recipe. My wife loves to baked cookies, I am gonna send this to her and tell her to baked this when I got home, yeah I am in the office right now. I am browsing on my phone, I am really interested to stay more your website to know more cake recipe.
I’ve just tried it and it tastes wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe in such a detail.