Whole Masoor Dal In Bengali Style
Red lintel whole masoor is one of the small and good source of cholesterol lowering fibre. Bengali recipe has special aroma of panchphoron which I used in this recipe.
- 150 gm whole masoor dal
- 1 tsp panchphoron
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp raw turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Nutmeg powder
- Whole red chilli
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Coconut cream for garnishing
- Charcoal for smoking flavour
- Soak whole masoor dal over night or 12 hours. Then cook with 5 whistle.
- Heat a pan add mustard oil, whole red chilli and panchphoron. Saute for a few seconds then add chopped garlic, ginger, chopped onion, green chillies, chopped tomato, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder
- Stir for a few minutes then pour the boiled masoor dal again cook for a few minutes.
- After cooked sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves.
- Now burn a charcoal piece then keep in a small metal bowl put 3 cloves and ghee. Starts smoking immediately cover the lid. Smoke will spread all over.
- Then serve with coconut cream and coriander leaves.
https://youtu.be/rpiPz__NrmM Click this link to watch the recipe on YouTube channel nanan swade geeta