Paprika Infused Red Rice Pasta
Preparing my Kids school lunch box is a bit interesting stuff for me as she needs a variety of food every day. Kids expect some colors, cheesy and most importantly tasty. Red rice pasta with vegetables is one such dish I prepared recently and she liked it a lot. In fact she was showing the variety of colors to her friends in this dish. Naturally red color paparika is infused in red rice pasta and cooked along with garlic, capsicum, cauliflower and finally garnished with Dill Leaves and Parmesan cheese gives this yummy and garlicky paprika infused red rice pasta Red rice has better nutritional benefits than white rice. They have a good source of fiber and helps to meet the iron required for an individual. It helps in weight management which indirectly helps in controlling the sugar levels. I included capsicum and cauliflower for the vegetables part in this recipe. The pasta is infused with paprika or roasted tomato powder for the taste and rich natural color. If you are using a white pasta instead of red rice include double the quantity of what I mentioned.
- 200 gm Red Rice Pasta
- 75 gm Cauliflower
- 75 gm Capsicum
- 4 cloves Garlic big size
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Dill Leaves a small bunch
- Salt to taste
- 1 Dry Red chili
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Paprika powder
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut the capsicum into small cubes, separate the cauliflower florets. Chop garlic and Dill Leaves finely. Cut the dry red chili into small pieces.
- Cook the red rice spaghetti as per the instructions given. Boil the water, add a tsp of oil and salt. When the water is boiling, add the spaghetti and let it cook.
- Once cooked strain using a strainer and pour running water. Spaghetti is now ready for cooking.
- Add paprika powder and 1 tsp of oil to spaghetti and let it marinate until the vegetables are cooked.
- Take a cooking pot, add oil, garlic and cut dried chili and sauté well.
- Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add Cauliflower, salt and mix well. Let this cook.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add the spaghetti and mix well.
- Add garlic powder and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the gas and immediately add Dill leaves.
- Before serving sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Paprika infused red rice pasta is ready
- Optionally you may add pepper
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 326 kcal | Carbohydrates: 57 g | Protein: 14 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 8 mg | Sodium: 256 mg | Potassium: 377 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 1196 IU | Vitamin C: 67 mg | Calcium: 168 mg | Iron: 2 mg
No comments yet
Not sure if we get Red Rice Pasta here..But I am surely trying this with Ragi Spaghetti