This is a very simple recipe made of few ingredients.This is very good for stomach and a must have in winters as we tend to eat anything and everything in winters.
Best Sellers on Amazon
Yield / Serves
White Raddish little thick and medium sized 2
Carrot medium sized 2
White fava beans [safed sem] 5-6 [optional]
Turnip medium sized 1 [optional]
Green chillies 6-8
Ginger 2 inch
Black Mustard seeds small [rai] 50g
Turmeric Powder 1 teaspoon
Mustard oil 1 table spoon
Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Water 1 l
Wash all the vegetables and chop as per your desired shape . Slit green chilies from the middle and chop ginger as Julian. While doing all the chopping boil 1 lit water.When the water starts boiling add carrots to it.Cook covered for 2-3 min.
Switch off the gas and add all other vegetables along with chilies and ginger. Cover with a lid for 20 min.Check if all the vegetables are boiled but not mushy.
Separate everything from water with the help of a sieve keep it for sometime to remove any water in vegetables. Grind mustard into thick powder. Mix oil . mustard powder, turmeric and salt to the vegetables.
Add the water to it in which we have boiled the vegetables.The water should not be warm anymore. Transfer the contents in a glass jar and keep it under the sun for 4-5 days.The water will acquire the mustard flavor and taste great.
- Chop vegetables in thick slices so that vegetables should not be mushy
- If you are not using optional vegetables then increase the quantity of carrot and raddish or decrease the quantity of spices accordingly.
- We are adding carrot first because it takes more time to cook then other vegetables we are using.
- If you don’t have enough sunlight keep it inside the room for 6-7 stays
- Keep stirring the contents of the jar 2-3 times a day with the help of a dry spoon
- This pickle lasts only for 4-5 days if kept at room temperature. So you can refrigrate it for longer stay.However suggestion is to finish it in 4-5 days and make a fresh batch after that.
- Keep the pickle in a dry place.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 3.4 based on 7 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By