Ahh, the mint julep, essentially a Derby drink, It is like the mojito of whiskeys. Like the old-fashioned, this drink requires muddling mint and simple syrup and features your favorite bourbon.
- 45 ml whiskey
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 3 lemon wedges or 6 dices
- 100 gm crushed ice
- Sugar to taste 1tsp
- Place the mint leaves in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass and top with the sugar.
- Muddle these together until the leaves begin to break down.
- Add a splash of seltzer water, fill the glass 3/4 full with crushed ice, and add the bourbon.
- Top with another splash of seltzer, stir, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Recipe sponsored by Gorilla Barfare: A chilled out all day dining place that loves you for your pajamas and laziness. They really mean casual dining seriously. Check it out on days you want comforting, or a squad reunion, it’s also perfect for a girls night out or just plain catching up for drinks after work. Refreshing margaritas and authentic pizzas – this place is perfect for your next outing – for good drinks, great food, and even better conversations set amidst well-curated music. Visit them @ 467, Ground Floor, 80 Feet Road, 6th Block, Koramangala, South Bangalore, 560034
Gorilla Barfare Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with