Kalakand is an Indian sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk and paneer. The dish mainly originated in Alwar, Rajasthan, India. Kalakand is rich milk cake and one of the famous Indian sweet. The traditional process of making Kalakand takes long time, but now a days there are many quick and easy recipes available and it can make infew minutes.. About mango Kalakand this is my innovative and fusion recipe of authentic Kalakand recipe. My family love Mango and season of alphanso I tried my hands in this recipe. Mango band paneer has good combination and this recipe was super yummy and healthy recipe. Try this recipe in this Rakshabandhan and surprise your brother with this fusion recipe.. happy Rakshabandhan #Rakshabandhan #mangokalakand
- 1 cup milk or 250 ml milk
- 3/4 cup fresh paneer I used homemade fresh paneer
- 1 cup thick mango puree. You can use store bought thick mango puree
- 1/2 can or 200 ml condensed milk or adjust as per sweetness you want
- 1/2 tsp alum powder. It is fitkari in local language
- 10-12 almonds soaked blanch and sliced
- 10-12 pistachios soaked blanch and sliced
- 1 pinch saffron soaked in 2tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- For garnish
- Silver vark
- Sliced almonds
- Sliced pistachios
- First soak saffron in milk and keep it aside. Soaked blanch and sliced almonds and pistachios. In a pan add milk. Let it boil add alum powder and when it starts curdling add fresh grated paneer/ chena. Mix well.
- Add mango puree, condensed milk and saffron milk. Mix all together. Keep stirring. Add cardamom powder, sliced almonds, sliced pistachios.
- Keep stirring on low medium flame till mixture leaves sides of pan and become dough like consistency. If sweetness is less than add sugar or condensed milk little more. Mix well keep stirring
- When mixture leaves sides of pan and become dough like consistency switch off the flame and let it cool. In Grease square pan pour this Kalakand mixture and spread it well with spatula.
- Garnish it with silver vark and sliced pistachios and almonds..let it cool in room temperature or keep it in fridge to set. Cut it in your desire shape. Serve your yummy Mango Kalakand. Enjoy this Rakshabandhan with this yummy recipe.
No comments yet
just love it.