Makara Chaula (Makar Sankranti Special From Odisha)
- 1/2 cup rice raw
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coconut freshly grated
- 1/3 cup sugarcane small pieces
- 1-2 banana ripe
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese Chenna
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 cup fruits chopped, of your choice
- Soak the rice overnight. Wash and drain. Spread on a plate and allow to dry at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Grind into a coarse powder and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the banana and mix well.
- Peel and crush the banana. Add to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Consume within a day if kept outside the refrigerator. Can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
- Some chopped sugarcane pieces, sweet potato and jicama are also added to the dish if they are available.
No comments yet
wow… this dish looks beautiful