Healthy Vegetable Broken Wheat Idli Or Dalia Idli Or Samba Godhumai Idli
Broken wheat idli is a very nutritious and healthy breakfast recipe made with broken wheat rava, semolina, yoghurt, carrot and cashew nuts. It is full of fibre and makes up for a filling breakfast dish. Grated carrot added to it makes it all the more healthy and a yummy dish. Broken wheat is especially good for dieters and people who are having diabetics. They can make this a part of their daily diet as it is not only healthy but tasty too.
- 1 cup Broken wheat
- 1/4 cup Semolina Plain rava (optional)
- 1 cup Yoghurt or curd
- 1 Carrot
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Eno salt
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel the carrot. Grate the carrot and keep it aside. Heat a pan and add broken wheat and semolina and dry roast on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Remove the roasted broken wheat and semolina in a mixing bowl.
- In the same pan add oil, Once the oil becomes hot, add cashew nuts and saute till light golden brown. Remove and add the roasted cashew nuts to the mixing bowl. In the same pan add mustard seeds. Once the seeds starts to crackle, add urad dal, chana dal and sauté till light brown. Add grated carrot and stir fry high for 2-3 minutes. Add this mixture too to the mixing bowl.
- Combine together. Now add curd, coriander leaves, salt and little water and mix well. Keep this batter aside for 10 minutes. If the batter becomes too thick, add little water and bring to a medium thick consistency. Adjust the water level accordingly. Lastly, add eno salt and mix gently.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the batter into each idli mould. Steam cook for 20 minutes or until done. Serve broken wheat idli hot with sambar or any chutneys of your choice.
- Once the eno salt is added, steam cook immediately.
- You can also use baking soda instead of eno salt.
- They give fluffiness to the idlis.
- Broken wheat idlis takes longer time to cook than the regular idlis.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 331 kcal | Carbohydrates: 63 g | Protein: 14 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 11 mg | Sodium: 52 mg | Potassium: 219 mg | Fiber: 10 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 3496 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 138 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Healthy and different version of idli