Arrowroot, Oats Badam Cookies
Cook healthy with Honey Recipe Contest : Arrowroot powder aids in easy digestion and regulates bowl movement. This is a most sought after healthy starch. Arrowroot, oats Badam Cookies has the wellness of Arrowroot, wheat flour, oats and badam using honey as the sweetener. It is a healthy cookie for all age group.
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup oats i used Quaker quick cooking oats
- 1/8 cup + 1tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- A pinch of salt
- Â¼ cup olive oil
- Â¼ cup honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Grind almonds and oats to a fine powder(ensure blender is dry)
- Allow the ground mixture to cool down and add arrowroot powder, wheat flour, cardamom powder and salt. Mix thoroughly and set aside in a bowl. This is the dry mixture.
- In another bowl, mix oil, honey and vanilla extract. This is the wet mixture.
- Combine the wet and the dry mixture. Gently mix and ensure that there are no lumps.
- The cookie dough will be of a thick liquid consistency. Preheat oven @ 180c
- Place a parchment sheet on a baking tray.
- Take a small amount of batter(little lesser than the size of a poori ball) and place on the sheet.
- Flatten it gently and prick using a fork(optional). Repeat the same for the rest of the cookie dough. Leave enough space between the cookies to bake properly.
- Bake at 180 for 17-20 mins or until it turns golden brown.
- Allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack and serve.
Do not refrigerate the cookie dough.
Recipe sponsored by Apis Himalaya Honey Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
Are oats optional?