Love Mangoes?! We are currently going nuts on Aam Porar Shorbot â€“ Smoky Spiced Raw Mango Cooler. We love it. A chilled glass of this yummy drink is a boost to an otherwise boring day. The Bengali Aam Porar Shorbot makes use of charred/ smoked mangoes. The end result is a gorgeous tasting raw mango drink with subtle notes of smoky flavor. lthough we are still amidst summers, the wonderful rains calls for something refreshing. This lip-smacking Aam Porar Shorbot â€“ Smoky Spiced Raw Mango Cooler is perfect for the season. So tasty and so simple to prepare. Do try this today!
Best Sellers on Amazon
Yield / Serves
6 numbers raw mangoes [round and sour variety]
1/2 cup sugar or jaggery [reduce or add quantities as per taste]
2.5 to 3 tablespoons roasted cumin powder [increase quantity if needed]
2 to 3 teaspoons black salt/ kala namak [reduce or add quantities as per taste]
1 small bunch mint leaves [make sure the stalks have been removed and only leaves used] [leave a few leaves aside for garnish]
ice cubes [optional]
Preparation Of Aam Porar Shorbot Pulp [Sweet Version]
Wash the raw mangoes and wipe them.
Roast the mangoes on a direct flame on low to medium heat until the outer skin is charred and black. The flesh/ pulp has to become soft and fully cooked.
Cool them by covering them with a damp cloth or kitchen towel.
Peel and discard the charred skin of the mangoes. Separate the pulp discarding the stone.
Into a blender, add the extracted pulp, sugar or jaggery, mint leaves, black salt and roasted cumin powder.
Grind the ingredients till smooth.
This concentrated mango mixture can be stored in a glass jar or air tight bottles, in the refrigerator for a week.
Preparation Of The Drink
To prepare this drink, we need a big steel or glass mixing bowl/ pot and a balloon whisk.
Into the mixing bowl, add enough chilled water. Add a few tablespoons of the prepared Aam Porar Shorbot Pulp.
Using a balloon whisk, continuously whisk together the pulp and chilled water till blended well.
Do a taste test and add more pulp if necessary. Remember to whisk the contents well. Pour into individual serving glasses or mason jars. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and ice cubes.
Preparation Of Aam Porar Shorbot Pulp [Savory Version]
To prepare the savory version of Aam Porar Shorbot, omit/ avoid the use of sugar mentioned in the recipe.
And you can make it a healthy low calorie drink.
- You can adjust the thickness of the drink to your preference. I like it thick and so added generous amounts [5 to 6 tablespoons or more] of concentrated mixture/ pulp per glass. If you like it thin take about 2 to 3 tablespoons of concentrated mixture/ pulp per glass.
- The recipe makes use of smoked/ charred mangoes. This lends a nice subtle smoky flavor to the drink. But if you don’t like the smoky flavor, simply boil/ steam peeled deseeded mangoes instead.
- The quantity of sugar and salt depends upon the sourness of the mangoes so adjust accordingly.
- Make sure the mangoes you use are very sour. The colour of the drink depends on the colour of the mangoes and addition of the ingredients like pudina and jeera.
- If you like your drink with a few chunks of mango pulp in it; do not grind the mango mixture in a blender. Instead, simply mash all the ingredients with your hands into a coarse pulp.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.3 based on 9 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By