Restaurant Style Chicken Chaap
Chicken chaap is a very famous dish in kolkata .In any reknowed mughlai restaurants in kolkata you found this lip smacking chicken chaap..It is a rich and spicy mughlai dish..chicken chaap is unique for its distinct flavour and texture...Nowdays we all are health conscious but i must say only for a one time you should try chicken chaap .its absolutely a bliss..I have here made restaurant style chicken chaap
- Chicken big pieces of leg and breast - 1 kg
- Ginger+garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Curd - 6-7 tbsp
- Grated mawa or milk powder- 2 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- 10-12
- Melon seeds- 1 tbsp
- Sattu or roasted besan- 2 tbsp
- Rose water - 2 tbsp
- Kewra water - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Chicken chap masala - 2 tbsp
- Chicken chaap masala ingredients
- Green cardamom- 4
- Black cardamom- 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch stick
- Cloves- 5
- Mace / javitri- 1/2 tsp
- Jaifol / nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Caraway seeds - 1tsp
- Black peppercorn- 1 tsp
- White peppercorn - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 2 tsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Kabab chini or allspice- 7-8
- Wash chicken properly and dry it..
- Soak poppy seeds,cashew nuts and melon in a warm Water for 30 mins..then put in a blender and blend till smooth..
- Take all chaap masla ingredients in a grinder and grind till powder
- Now a take a bowl..add poppy seeds +cashew +melon seeds paste ,curd ,2Onion paste,ginger garlic paste, salt to taste,Sugar, Turmeric ,chili,Cumin ,Coriander powder,Chaap masala , sattu or roasted besan ,grated mawa or milk powder rose water and kewra
- Mix all Ingredients till smooth .then add chicken pieces and marinate with masala very well..
- Keep the marinated chicken in a fridge for overnight..
- Then heat a broad pan with 3 tbsp ghee and 1tbsp oil.
- Now put the marinated chicken inside the pan along with marination.
- Cook on low-medium heat chicken chaap for 15 -20 mins or till chicken cooked well and ghee leaves the side of the pan..
- Stirring in between the time to prevent the gravy stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Check seasoning... gravy should be little dry and oily..
- Ready restaurant style chicken chaap for serving...serve chicken chaap with naan / Roti/ paratha or whatever you like..
If you won’t get kebab chini then omit it .no problem..