Crispy Honey Chilli Veggies
So this recipe was first attempted by me when my mom was making karela/ bitter gourd and my younger brother refused to eat it. Crispy honey chili veggies can make any boring vegetable into a tasty snacky affair. Want to try something new or your kids are not eating enough veggies then try crispy honey chili veggies and just enjoy!
- 2 Potatoes medium sized
- 1 Bitter Gourd karela
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Maida
- Soya Sauce
- Red Chili sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Onion sliced
- Spring Onion diced, for presentation
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- Oil for frying
- 4 Chilies cut in halves
- Garlic diced
- Ginger diced
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- Dice the veggies in long slices, keep thickness as desired and boil until semi soft by adding some salt. For bitter gourd slice them using chips maker rub them with salt and keep aside for 2 hrs., then wash out the excess salt and boil for 15 mins
- Strain the veggies and dust/ rub them with some maida and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl take 1/4th cup maida and 1/4th cup rice flour and make a smooth batter of coating consistency. Now dip the veggies in the batter and fry until golden brown and crispy on medium flame.
- Once all veggies are fried. Quickly heat a wok/ deep bottom pan, add 2 tablespoon of oil. Once hot add chilies, chopped garlic and ginger sauté for a while, then add onions and fry until caramelized (Light Brown)
- Now add 2 spoons of soy sauce, 1 spoon of chili sauce, sprinkle some black pepper powder, sesame seeds, salt to taste and half teaspoon sugar and some ketchup. To bring it all together add 1/2 cup of water. let it boil for few second
- While its boiling mix 2 teaspoon of corn flour with 1/2 cup water and mix well. Slowly slowly spoon by spoon add this to the gravy and stir well. Corn flour will give the perfect consistency to the gravy.
- Last, add all the deep fried crispy veggies and 1/2 teaspoon of honey and mix everything well. Top it off with some fresh cut spring onion and Voila! you are done!!
- You may add as many veggies as you wish.
- Also have it as soon as it is made.
- It is also a great snack for tea time and kitty parties.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 403 kcal | Carbohydrates: 89 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0.3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2 g | Sodium: 25 mg | Potassium: 885 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 9 g | Vitamin A: 4022 IU | Vitamin C: 146 mg | Calcium: 48 mg | Iron: 3 mg