- For Dough:
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta â€“ Â½ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida â€“ Â½ cup
- Baking Powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Salt â€“ 1 tsp
- Oil â€“ 2 Â½ tsp
- Milk â€“ Â½ cup
- For Stuffing:
- Beans / Rajma Beans â€“ 1 cup
- Water â€“ 2 Â¼ cup
- Red / Green Chilli Sauce â€“ 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce â€“ 1 tablespoon
- Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Chopped Onions â€“ as required
- Chopped Tomatoes â€“ as required
- Chopped Green Pepper / Capsicum â€“ as required
- Chopped Lettuce â€“ as required
- Sour Cream â€“ as required
- Grated Cheese â€“ as required
- Oil for Deep Frying - as required
- Soak 1 cup of Rajma Beans overnight.
- Then in a pressure cooker take, soaked Rajma Beans add 2 cups of Water and cook for 3 Ã¢â¬â 4 Whistles on medium flame.
- Until you get whistles start preparing the dough for Chalupa.
- In a mixing bowl, add ½ cup of Whole Wheat flour (Atta), ½ cup of All Purpose Flour (Maida), 1 tsp of Baking Powder followed by 1 tsp of Salt and 2 tsp of Oil and mix well.
- Then add ½ cup of Milk slowly as required to knead a soft dough then add ½ tsp of Oil to grease the dough with Oil and allow it to rest for 30 Min by covering the dough.
- After three whistles strain the water from Rajma Beans with the help of Sieve (Chalni) and mash the beans with the help of masher in a mixing bowl.
- Furthermore, add 1 tablespoon of Chilli Sauce, 1 tablespoon of Tomato Sauce, ½ tsp of Salt and ¼ cup of Water in a bowl mix well, and keep aside.
- Then knead the dough again for more few min and then cut the dough into equal parts to get small portion to roll 4 inch Puri shaped.
- Then take one portion and start rolling Chalupa by pouring few drops of Oil on floor and roll into 4 inch round Chalupa.
- With the help of fork, give dots on Chalupa so that it does not rise up while frying.
- In a preheated Oil, add Chalupa and fry, while frying give a Shell like fold to Chalupa and fry from the sides until golden color.
- In a similar way, make all the Chalupas.
- Then start filling the Chalupa stuffing one by one.
- Firstly add Rajma mixture all over Chalupa nicely then add few Chopped Capsicums, Onions, Tomatoes, Lettuce followed by 2 tsp of Sour Cream and lastly Grated Cheese.
- Chalupa is now ready to serve.
No comments yet