Whole Wheat – Banana Muffins With Organic Coconut Sugar
Coconut sugar (also known as coco sugar, coconut palm sugar or coco sap sugar) is a sugar produced from the sap of cut flower buds of the coconut palm. It is very popular in the south and south east Asian Countries. Coconut sugar is different both in taste, texture and manufacture methods from palm sugar. Coconut sugar comes in crystal or granule form, block or liquid. Coconut sugar is subtly sweet almost like brown sugar but with a slight hint of caramel. Since coconut sugar is not highly processed, the color, sweetness and flavor can vary depending on the coconut species used, season when it was harvested, where it was harvested and/or the way the "sap" or "toddy" was reduced.Coconut sugar provides 16 calories per teaspoon and contains relatively low content of essential nutrients, with the exception of potassium at about 25% of the Daily Value per serving of 100 grams.Whole Wheat Banana Muffins With Organic Coconut Sugar...I have used Lyva Organic Coconut Sugar for the muffins... It taste less sweeter than the normal sugar and is more healthier than the sugar. The product is good for people suffering with diabetes. It taste good too. Here is my review and recipe for Belly Nirvana Program...
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Soda bicarbonate
- 3/4 cup Coconut sugar Organic
- 2 tbsp Coconut Desiccated
- 2 Pinch Nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp Walnut chopped
- 1 Banana chopped
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1/4 cup Oil
- In a blender, add sugar, oil and coconut milk. Blend it well.
- Add the desiccated coconut, nutmeg and semolina. Blend it once more.
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda bicarbonate little at a time and blend it.
- Add water and curd. Blend it.
- Remove the batter from the blender into a bowl. Add the chopped banana and walnuts. Mix it.
- Take a muffin tray. Place the muffin liners.
- Fill in 3/4 of the liners with the batter.
- Bake it at 180 degrees celcius for 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool it before eating.
Calories: 221 kcal | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0.02 g | Sodium: 114 mg | Potassium: 152 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 9 g | Vitamin A: 9 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 33 mg | Iron: 2 mg