Wheat Jowar And Amaranth Honey Dates Cake
A healthy cake with combination of wheat, amaranth and jowar flours makes this cake highly nutritious. I love to bake using combination of flours to increase the nutritive value of the baked goodies. If you can incorporate healthy components like this in bakes then they will no longer remain unhealthy. With no added sugar is an added benefit for health conscious people and for kids. The honey makes wheat jowar and amaranth honey dates cake really soft and gives a nice flavor along with dates. Perfectly healthy to give your toddlers and you can enjoy it guilt free as well!
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Jowar flour (Sorghum)
- 1/4 cup Amaranth flour
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 15 Dates chopped and deseeded
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup Milk warm
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Sieve all the flours with baking powder and salt for 5-6 times and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs on high speed for five minutes till it doubles in volume.
- Add vanilla essence, honey and oil, beat for a minute.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to this and mix lightly.
- Mix until the flour is incorporated in the mixture, don't over mix.
- Add milk according to the requirement. The batter shouldn't be too thick or thin.
- Add chopped dates and mix.
- Pour in a greased baking dish. Put chopped dates on the top.
- Bake it in pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Calories: 434 kcal | Carbohydrates: 66 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 84 mg | Sodium: 157 mg | Potassium: 316 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 41 g | Vitamin A: 147 IU | Vitamin C: 1 mg | Calcium: 116 mg | Iron: 2 mg
Recipe sponsored by Apis Himalaya Honey Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with