This is a leafy vegetable very easy to cook. Water spinach is one of the popular green leafy vegetables. There are two types of water spinach. It is aquatic and semi aquatic. All parts of the young plants are edible. The tender shoot tips and young leaves are mostly preferred. It has so many names like nari saga, kurmi saag, paani palak etc.
- 250 gm water spinach
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 - 4 green chilli
- 1/4 cup fried badi
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Chopped green chilli
- Whole red chilli for tempering
- 1 tsp whole five spice for tempering
- Wash the water spinach thoroughly and strain the water.
- Finely chop the leafy vegetable, keep aside.
- Take a wok add mustard oil, after heating add whole red chilli whole five spice and chopped garlic.
- When the aroma come out put turmeric powder and chopped Saag. Close the lid.
- After a minute open the lid mix all together upwards to downwards. Now add green chilli and salt again stir fry.
- When the moisture goes out now add fried badi. Serve with rice or chapati.
Five spice is the mixture of yellow mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and onion seeds. If the badi big in sizes then have to crush, if small sizes then no need to crush. Those who are purely vegetarian can avoid garlic. Leafy vegetables always have to wash thoroughly.