Vepampoo Podi | Neem Flowers Powder
Festivals are over and its time to get back to healthy eating. Try this Vepampoo Podi or Neem Flowers Powder which is made from roasted cumin seeds, urad dhal, chili & neem flowers. A small cup of vepampoo podi rice in your diet would do wonders.
- Neem flowers 1 cup
- Chili 4
- Urad dhal 1 tblsp
- Jeera/Cumin 1 tblsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Hing powder generous pinch
- Take a pan, add ghee & hing. Once the hing powder is cooked, add urad dhal, chili. Cook until light brown.
- Add cumin powder and sauté for a minute. Add neem flowers and cook until a good aroma comes out.
- Cool down until it comes to room temperature. Powder it and store in an airtight container.
- Ghee can be replaced with olive oil to make it healthier.
- Adjust chili’s 4 chilis mentioned above works perfect for me.
No comments yet
That’s a quite different recipe for detoxing..