Vegetable Spring Rolls
#PSMOTHERSDAYSPECIAL My mum is a legend, once we had gone to a restaurant and tasted their signature veg spring rolls and she had just replicated the same at home, the next day. So this remains my favourite recipe made by her. Learnt it from her and want to dedicate this to her.
- For the stuffing : Onion chopped - 1
- Carrots chopped - 1/2 cup
- Beans chopped - 1/2 cup
- Spring onions chopped - 1/4 th cup
- Bell peppers chopped - 1/4 th cup
- Chopped garlic - 1 tbsp
- Chopped ginger - 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies - 1 tbsp
- PEPPER powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ajinamoto optional - 1/4 th tsp
- Refined oil
- For outer covering : Eggs - 2
- Maida - 1 cup
- Bread crumbs
- Egg whites
- Heat a pan with little oil, once heated add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Once they smell, add the chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Then add the carrots and beans along with some salt. Cook till almost done.
- Then add the chopped bell peppers, spring onions. Add pepper powder and ajinamoto and cook till the mixture is dry.
- To make the outer covering, whisk the Eggs, with little salt. Mix in the Maida and required amount of water to make a batter like dosa.
- Now heat a non stick pan, put a ladle of the Maida batter like a dosa. Once it is cooked, remove it from heat onto the work table.
- Put a spoon of the vegetable mixture and fold it as shown in the picture.
- Whisk the egg whites, dip the spring roll in them and coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry these in hot oil. Serve.