Vegan Jackfruit Fried Rice
Jackfruit is a bliss for vegan community. A truly magical fruit with lots of health benefits has gained popularly in recent times and has been adored by the vegan community for the simple reason -it tastes like meat. Vegan and meat don't go together but jackfruit bridges that gap. It is for those meat-lovers who have recently turned vegan and are craving for it. Jackfruit has fleshy texture and taste but it's completely plant-based. Easily available in canned and fresh version, the world is going crazy for it. We, at Plattershare are sharing few Vegan jackfruit recipes to complete your meal. Here is the main course recipe - vegan jackfruit fried rice to satiate your meat craving without torturing animals.
- 10-12 piece Jackfruit Fresh
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Steam rice Boiled
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Herbs Mixed
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil as required
- Preparation - Dice green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper and take 1/4 cup (7- 8 diced pieces) of each of the variety
- Cutting jackfruit is an art and each flower along with the seed should be cut separately. Remove the seeds for this recipe. The seeds can be fried as sides.
- Use tender and fresh jackfruit which is usually small in size and boil the jack fruit (around 10-12 pieces) in 2 cup water so that jackfruit is completely immersed in water.
- In a heavy bottom pan, boil jackfruit for 10 minutes, at a low flame. Make sure that it's not over cooked. Drain off the water and let it dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir fry jackfruit pieces. Fry till jackfruit is light brown. Remove it from the pan.
- In that same pan, stir fry bell peppers till they appear a bit crunchy. Add steamed boiled rice, chili flakes, black pepper powder, mixed herbs and fried jackfruit.
- Let it cook for another 3- 4 minutes. Cover it with the lid. Add salt in the end and give a nice stir.
- Add 2 tsp of lemon juice. Serve and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can also try other Vegan Jackfruit recipes:
- Jackfruit (Kathal) Biryani
- Vegan Jackfruit Salad,
- Vegan bbq pulled jack fruit burger,
- Vegan Jackfruit Soup
- Always buy small, fresh and tender jackfruit for this recipe.
- Cutting and boiling jackfruit need lots of precaution so be careful while doing so.
- Always put salt in the end of any recipe, otherwise, nutrients of any ingredient would be lost.
- To get the best results while making fried rice, use steamed rice which is kept in the refrigerator overnight.
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 1079 kcal | Carbohydrates: 254 g | Protein: 21 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 373 mg | Potassium: 3651 mg | Fiber: 14 g | Sugar: 146 g | Vitamin A: 1826 IU | Vitamin C: 178 mg | Calcium: 222 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Home Chef Geeta Biswas Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
delcious bryani my favorite biryani