Veg Cheese Pizza With Whole Wheat Flour
All kids love pizzas and of course all mum's fret about the unhealthy tag with market pizzas and the junk , empty calories as well. Why not go in for a Whole Wheat base with healthy, fresh made vegetables toppings and yummy "proteiny" cheese made right at home. ?! Trust me, you will never worry about your kids love for pizzas anymore...Go ahead and indulge your sweethearts....!!
- For the Base- 3 cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp Active Dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup warm water or milk
- 2 tbsp milk/butter for brushing
- For the toppings-2 onions finely chopped
- 2 to matoes diced finely
- 2 Simla mirch capsicum chopped finely
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 Amul cube cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Froth the yeast. Take half cup water from the given quantity in the ingredients. Dissolve the sugar in it and sprinkle the yeast. Leave undisturbed on the kitchen counter for 10 mins. It will froth up.
- In a big bowl, take the flour, salt. Make a well in the centre and pour the yeast. Slowly start kneading it up by adding the rest of the water.
- After about 5 minutes, add the oil. Knead the flour for a good 10-15 minutes. It will be very shaggy but will slowly take on shape and come together.
- Do the window pane test. Stretch a little piece of the dough and hold it against the light. If you can see a web type of design, its done. If not, knead up some more. Make a smooth ball and keep it in a nice deep bowl. Cover and keep in a warm place
- When it doubles up, punch it lightly. Take it out and make about 8-10 balls. Roll it out like a chappati but thicker, say about 3/4 inch in thickness and prick all over it with fork. Lightly grease a baking tray and keep the pizza bases.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 220 degrees. After 10 minutes, brush lightly with milk and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and keep aside for using as convenient.
- Topping recipe. In a thick bottom pan, heat 2 tablespoon oil and add the chopped vegetables. Cook on slow flame with the lid for 5-10 minutes till they become soft. Add the salt, chilli, oregano, haldi, ketchup.
- Apply the topping on the pizza bases and sprinkle grated cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes till the cheese melts. Cut into 8 pieces and serve hot with a chutney of your choice.