ThisÂ valentine cakeÂ is a sweet way to express your love for a special someone.
- 1 cup Plain Flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 cup milk pwd
- 1 cup powder Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup milk or as required
- 1/4 tsp rose essence
- Few dried rose petals
- Rose and melted chocolate for garnish
- Sugar syrup slightly flavoured with rose sharbat
- Preheat the oven at 170° . Grease the cake tin and line with butter paper and keep aside. Take a sieve and sift in the flour, baking powder, semolina, pwd sugar, milk pwd.
- Now add oil, milk, rose essence, refined flour, baking soda and mix with the hand mixer , add crushed rose petals, make a smooth dropping consistency batter. Add the batter to the cake tin and then tap it twice!
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins, Check after 20 mins with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready! If not, bake for another 5 mins.
- After cake is baked, take it out and let it cool for 10 mins. Loosen the sides with a knife and then transfer the cake into a plate then a cooling rack! Rose Sponge is ready.
- Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table.
- Transfer the layers to a plate. Touch the turn table with cream to ensure safe decoration and then add the bottom sponge layer to it.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of light rose syrup or sugar syrup to it. Spread a good ½ inch layer of cream to it. Now the middle layer, syrup and cream .
- Now the final layer, keep it upside down and then spread syrup!
- Take a big dollop of stiff cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! If crumbs are seen, do a crumb coat!
- Keep the cake in freezer for 10 mins(optional). Makes easier to transfer to serving base!Transfer the cake to Cake base using palette knife. Be careful! Do a final coat of whipped cream
- Now garnish your cake with rose and melted chocolate.
- Don't overpower the rose flavor. It should be light.
Cardamom Panacotta With Pomegranate Reduction
To celebrate the season of love, I have decided to make a series of recipes…
Kunafa Or Kanafeh / Kunafah (Vermicelli Cake With Cream Filling)
Hello Everyone! On this beautiful occasion I would like to wish everyone Eid Mubarak!. As…
Apple Cinnamon With Apple Cider Vinegar Water To Reduce Belly Fat
Water to reduce belly fat is all the rage and for good reason, take this…
Whole Wheat Healthy Banana Bread Dessert
Healthy Banana Bread: My favorite fruit is Banana as Banana is not everyone's choice of…
Ras Malai Truffles
Exquisite and aromatic, Rasmalai Truffles are great as edible gift and also ideal for party,…
Nothing can beat the whiff of a nice pineapple flavored cake consuming the atmosphere of…
7 Most Important Steps To Write A Recipe
Is writing a recipe for a cookbook or a food blog an easy task? If you say yes, this is…
8 Spices of India That Rule The Indian Kitchen
Spices of India – Indian cuisine is globally known for the flavour of herbs and spices. It is predominantly a…
7 Best Kitchen Gadgets You Must Have In Your Kitchen
Lets talk about Best Kitchen Gadgets you must have! 1. Vegetable Huggers This kitchen tool is perhaps the most exquisite…
11 Best Indian Dessert Recipes To Make At Home For Dinner Parties
Best Indian Dessert Recipes: When you think of Indian food, Indian desserts menu would always strike you in first go.…
16 kitchen tricks to make everyday life easier
Enhance your daily kitchen routine with these 16 practical kitchen tricks that make everyday life easier. From sharpening knives to…
Don’t starve but do these 5 things to lose weight
Discover how to lose weight without starving yourself. Say goodbye to fad diets and hello to sustainable weight loss with…