Tondali Bhaat /Tindli Pulav/Ivyguard Rice
Tondali Bhaat or Tindli Pulav or IvyGuard Rice is an authentic Maharashtrian Recipe..specially prepared during summers and served with butter milk, raita or curd . Very easy to prepare and tastes really awesome . Do try it for sure ..you will love it .
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Water 2-3 cups
- Vertically chopped IvyGuard 2-3 cups
- Grean peas 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion 1 tablespoon
- Chopped green chillies 2
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Goda Masala Maharashtrian garam masala or Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves few
- Grated tender coconut 1 tablespoon for garnishing
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- Wash rice and soak in water for approximately 15-20 minutes. Chopped IvyGuard, onion and green peas
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and jeera .Add finely chopped onion and saute' for a while , add ginger garlic paste , chopped green chillies, curry leaves and soaked rice . Saute' for next 3-5 minutes
- Add Turmeric powder , Goda Masala (garam masala), salt, sugar , chopped IvyGuard and green peas . Mix well everything .
- Add 2-3 cups of water , mix well and cook covered for next 10-15 minutes on low heat . Check in between .
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander . Serve hot with chilled raita, curd or buttermilk and enjoy endlessly to beat the heat .
No comments yet