Tomato Rice | Thakkali Sadam
- 1 ½ cup Cooked Rice
- ½ cup Onion Paste
- Tomato Paste +½ cup more
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ¼ cup Cumin Seeds +½ cup more
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 Dry Red Chilies small
- ¼ tsp Asafetida hing
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder + ¼ tsp more
- ¼ tsp Biryani Masala
- ¼ tsp Salt + ½ tsp more
- 4 tsp Tomato Sauce
- Green Peas as required
- Curry Leaves as required
- Coriander Leaves as required
- Tomatoes for garnishing, as required
- In a pan take 2 tablespoon of Oil and allow it to heat.
- Then add ½ + ¼ tsp of Cumin Seeds (Jeera), ¼ tsp of Mustard seeds (Rai) in the Oil followed by 4 small dry Red Chilies, few Curry leaves, ¼ tsp of Hing and 1 tsp of chopped Garlic and sauté nicely for 1 Min.
- Add ½ cup of Onion paste and 1 tsp of Ginger paste into the pan and stir nicely until Onions are nicely cooked.
- Furthermore, add ½ + ¼ tsp of Red Chili Powder and ¼ tsp of Biryani Masala into the pan and stir for more 1 Min.
- Then add ½ + ¼ cup of Tomato paste and few Green Peas and cook on low flame until Oil separates.
- Then add Salt as per taste followed by boiled and cooked Rice and give a nice mix.
- Add 4 tsp of Tomato sauce and fresh Coriander leaves into the Rice and mix.
- Tomato Rice is now ready to serve hot and garnish with fresh Tomato slices.
No comments yet