The Adorable Christmas Treats – Gulab Jamun Cupcakes
Cool weather, festive air around, sound of jingles and happiness around. Goa is ready to usher in Christmas. It is the time of the year to be happy and spread cheer around. Goa is at its best during Christmas. Most of the streets are decorated with lights, posters and paintings of Santa Claus and Nativity scenes adorn the glass walled shops around, stars light up in many of the households and Noel decorations flood the market. Christmas parties, fetes and exhibitions are held in most parts of this State. Not to forget, the varied traditional sweet treats which abound in the local markets. I love this season in Goa and try to bake many goodies during this time of the year. Here comes one such delicious sweet treat - gulab jamun cupcakes. Made with some of the basic cake ingredients including our very own gulab jamun mix. Earlier, I had posted the recipe for gulab jamun cake. The same batter is used to make these easy cupcakes. This is the time to be happy, spread cheer and forget about the calories!
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour Maida
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Gulab jamun mix
- ½ - 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup colored tutti-frutti pieces edible jelly pieces
- Powder sugar in a blender. Transfer this to a mixing bowl. Add to the above powder, gulab jamun mix and mix well with a spoon.
- Add to it, maida, baking powder and baking soda, and mix well, to avoid lumps. Add oil gradually and mix well.
- Add milk, little at a time and blend well, to avoid forming lumps. Mix until you form a batter of dropping consistency. Keep for 5-8 minutes. Pour the batter in a greased cupcake mould directly or pour the batter in cupcake liners. Top these wi
- Bake at 180 degrees centigrade, in an oven for 20 - 30 minutes. Check if the cupcake is baked by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, that means it is baked.
- If required, bake for few more minutes. Cool and savour these warm treats