Thai Jasmine rice cooked along with lemon grass and cardamom gives this flavorful “Lemongrass Rice”.I had this recipe when we went to Thailand and loved it the very first time. While cooking the house was filled with so much fragrance and we could not differentiate if it’s the smell of jasmine or lemongrass or cardamom. None of them override the flavor or smell of the other. The dish goes well with any thai curries.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Thai Jasmine Rice – 2 cups
- Water – 3 ½ cups
- Lemon grass – 1 stalk
- Cardamom - 5
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Remove the outer skin of lemongrass and cut the lemongrass into 3 pieces.
- Crush the cardamom using a mortar pestle.
- Wash the rice and add water.
- Add lemongrass and cardamom.
- Cook them in a rice cooker.
- Once cooked, remove the lemongrass and cardamom outer cover.
- Lemongrass rice is ready to be served with any simple thai veg curry.
- I have not tried in pressure cooker hence not sure how much time and water proportions needs to be changed.