Sweet Corn Basil Soup
Steaming cup of hot soup infused with the flavor of basil is a must during chill winter. It's a welcoming experience to enjoy the piping hot vegetable corn soup with crusty garlic bread. wholesome and simple to make should have a definite place in your menu.Â
- Put water in the wok and wait till it boils, add frozen corn and let it simmer for 4 minutes this would make the corn seeds more juicy and fluffy.
- In a bowl, add cornflour and milk and stir it till all the lumps disappear.
- Just pluck the basil leaves With your hand as there is no need to chop it using the knife.
- Add the leaves in corn flour mixture, and pour it into the wok.
- Stir it continuously ,with the help of ladle otherwise cornflour would thicken very fast.
- Add crushed pepper, salt and sugar and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy it with crusty garlic bread.
Tips: Black Pepper Powder gives a spicy flavor to the dish and it’s always recommended to crush the peppercorns using the pepper grinder and get the freshly ground black Pepper powder.