Stuffed Carrot And Moong Sprouts Paratha
delicious and healthy paratha, a perfect recipe for breakfast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- water as required for kneading the dough
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouted green gram
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- oil for frying the paratha
- make a smooth dough out of wheat flour, salt, ghee and water. keep aside for half an hour.
- for stuffing: roughly crush the sprouts, ginger and green chili together
- heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and carom seeds.
- when it starts crackling, add onion and saute until it becomes transparent.
- add carrots and cook properly
- now add salt, chat masala powder, garam masala powder and sprouts. mix well.
- cover with a lid and cook the mixture for few minutes
- switch off the flame and keep aside the stuffing
- for making paratha: make medium sized ball from the dough
- flatten them into small circles with the rolling pin
- drop enough stuffing and cover the stuffing by sealing the edges of the dough
- dust with dry flour and roll them gently into parathas
- heat a tawa on medium flame and place the paratha
- drizzle oil and cook the paratha on both sides
- serve hot with pickle orchutney