Nothing can beat the whiff of a nice pineapple flavored cake consuming the atmosphere of your home. Its hmmmmmmmmm...Well after a lot of trials and errors - lets say about a 4-5 disaster cakes which was either too crumbly or sticky dough in the center with the bottom almost burnt off.I finally nailed the all time favourite Sponge cake.
- 1 cup All purpose flour large cup, sieved
- 2 egg
- 100 gm Unsalted Butter
- 200 gm Castor Sugar
- 1 cap Vanilla Essence small cap, vanilla or pineapple
- 2 tbsp hung curd plain
- Dry fruits of your choice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Ensure that the butter is completely softened at room temperate and you have the castor sugar ready.
- Add them to the blender and blend until they form a nice creamy consistency - this should take about 5 mins or so, depending on the speed your using. I generally vary it between 1-2
- Add one egg and blend again, until a creamy texture is attained. Then add the pineapple/vanilla essence along with the second egg and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Sieve the flour along with Baking powder and Baking soda. And then , fold in the flour little by little and blend until it marries all the ingredients. By now you should be getting layered swirls.
- Add the curd and the left over flour and fold in to the batter by whisking again.
- Wet the nuts/dry fruits slightly and roll them in plain flour, this avoids it from settling at the bottom of the dough while baking. Add them to the dough and give a gentle stir by using a spatula.
- This is the dough consistency you should be aiming for - stiff, yet soft and creamy.Go ahead lick some and check if the sugar is right.
- Pre-heat the oven at 150C for 15mins. Grease the cake mould with some butter and pour the batter into it
- Bake for 20 - 30mins or until the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 30-40mins and turn over, let it cool further.
- Layer it with heaps of vanilla frosting, after all there is no such thing as too much frosting 😉
- Enjoy plain cake as a tea time addition or the one with the frosting as a heart warming dessert.
Calories: 700 kcal | Carbohydrates: 101 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 30 g | Saturated Fat: 18 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g | Trans Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 181 mg | Sodium: 559 mg | Potassium: 114 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 69 g | Vitamin A: 993 IU | Vitamin C: 0.1 mg | Calcium: 125 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Pics are so mouthwatering!!