As we all know dhokla is famous breakfast of Gujrat . I have added spinach to it , to giving it a healthy twist . Made this dhokla into idli moulds . So presenting spinach dhokla in idli shape .
- 1 cup besan bengal gram flour
- 1 cup sour curd
- Ginger green chilli paste 1 tsp
- Spinach puree half cup
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 4 - 5
- Eno salt 2tsp
- Water as required
- Green chlli 2 cut in halves
- First in a big bowl take besan , add curd , Spinach puree into it and mix well . If water is required add some water . Batter should be not very thick nor runny .
- Now add ginger green chilli paste , 1 tsp oil , Salt as per taste , mix all ingredients well . Meanwhile put idli stand on gas and fill with some water .
- Grease idli moulds properly . Add eno salt into the batter and pour lemon juice on eno , so u can see bubble on the batter . Mix eno salt well .
- Immidiately pour batter into idli moulds. Steam it for about 15 - 20 minutes . Turn off the gas when dhokla is ready . Let it cool .
- For tempering - take a pan add some oil ,when oil is getting hot , add mustard seeds into it . Add curry leaves and green chilli .
- Pour this tempering on dhokla . Spinach dhokla is ready . Serve with chutney of your choice .
U can use grated beetroot also instead of spinach . If u want healthy version of dhokla .