Spicy Urad Dal
Spicy Urad dal is one of the favourite dish of my family. In winter season we prepared with green masala and in summer or rainy season we used dry masala. This one is very easy and healthy recipe of Urad dal . I hope you all love the dish.
- White Urad dal 1 cup
- Water 2 glass
- Garlic 10-12 cloves
- Green chilli 7-8
- Ginger 1 piece
- Salt as your taste
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Dhaniya jeera powder 1tbs
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbs
- For tadka :-
- Ghee 1 tbs
- Oil 2 tbs
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Rai 1 tsp
- cloves 4-5
- Star anise 1-2
- Bay leaf 1-2
- Hingh 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli chopped 1 for garnish
- Lemon slice 3-4 for garnish
- Firstly wash and shak the dal and keep waise for 20 minute. Crushed coarsely garlic, green chilli and ginger.
- After 20 minute drain the water from dal and add dal into the cooker then add 1 and 1/2 glass of water .
- Now give 3 whistle to the cooker then leave it for cool down. Dal is ready for tadka.
- For tadka keep kadai on flame add ghee and oil for simmer.
- Now add jeera and rai , When it start to crackle and simmer add hing, cloves, star anise, bay leaf .
- Add crushed chilli ,ginger, garlic and keep stirring. Add this tadka into the dal.
- Now add salt garam masala, dhaniya jeera powder and keep boiling on slow flame for 7-8 minute.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
- At the serving time add chopped red chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with bajra roti or makke ki roti with masala buttermilk as your choice.
In summer make it with dry spices and in winter make with green spices you all love the taste of it.
No comments yet
Super nice recipe Dear Neelam 🙂