Spicy Egg Masala
This spicy Egg Masala is my all-time favorite, my mom use to prepare this very often, mostly she accompany this with variety rice like coconut rice and lemon rice. My kids and their friends, my hubby and his colleagues ask me for this dish whenever they come to our home. Everyone could try this out, just as a change of having simple boiled egg. It tastes delicious, spongy and spicy. I have tried this with usual onions, but when prepared with small onions (sambhar onions / shallots) increases taste to the masala. Let us move on to the recipeâ€¦
- Mustard seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram â€“ 1 tsp
- Curry leaves â€“ a sprig
- Cumin seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Hard boiled eggs â€“ 5 nos
- Onions â€“ 3 nos
- Chili powder â€“ 1 tsp
- Cumin powder â€“ 1 Â½ tsp
- Turmeric powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Peel and thinly slice the onions (lengthwise).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, split blackgram, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add in the onions, cook till they turn transparent.
- Add in all the spice powders along with salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Chop the boiled eggs into 4 equal pieces (lengthwise).
- Add the chopped egg pieces into the masala and stir gently so that the eggs would not separate.
- Cook for 2 mins in low flame, until the egg gets blend with masala.
- Remove from the fire. Serve hot as side dish for variety rice and biryani.