Sorrel Leaves Chili Pickle
- 4 cup tightly packed Sorrel leaves
- 6 Green chilies
- 3 Red chilies dried
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- Â½ tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 15 Garlic Pods
- 15 Onion shallots
- 3 tbsp Gingelly oil
- Tempering: 4 tbsp Gingelly oil
- 3 Red Chilies dried
- 1 Â½ tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Â½ tsp urad dal
- Â½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek powder Roast few fenugreek seeds until golden brown, cool and grind to a fine powder
- Clean and wash well the sorrel leaves.
- In a heavy bottom kadai, heat 3 tbsp oil.
- In medium flame, Saute coriander seeds, green chilies, red chilies, garlic, onion shallots and add the sorrel leaves.
- Saute the whole mixture until it turns mushy / the water of the leaves is absorbed and the mixture turns dry and soft.
- Allow it to cool completely, add salt and grind to a paste without adding water.
- In another heavy bottom kadai, heat 4 tbsp oil
- Allow mustard seeds to splutter, fry the chana dal and urad dal until light brown.
- Add the Red chilies, a pinch of asafoetida followed by crushed coriander seeds.
- Add the Sorrel leaves paste and cook until oil leaves the side of the vessel. (approximately 3-5 minutes)
- Finally mix the fenugreek powder and turn off the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely, and store it in an airtight container preferably glass container.
- Serve it with rice / chapathi / idli / dosa.
Sindhi Kadhi (Spicy & Tangy Chickpea Flour Vegetable Curry)
A bowl of this spicy, tangy and slurplicious curry in winters or during monsoon is…
Jackfruit (Kathal) Biryani
Many thousands of years back when there was no concept of "vegetarianism" in India, everyone…
Vegan Jackfruit Fried Rice
Jackfruit is a bliss for vegan community. A truly magical fruit with lots of health…
Corn Flakes Cookies / Eggless Corn Flakes cookies – Easy and crispy cookies, which we…
Chaman Qaliya is a creamy cottage cheese curry scented with fennel and cardamom that belongs…
Easy No-Yeast Pizza (With Yogurt)
No-yeast pizza is a very easy instant pizza using yogurt!! If you have ready made…
Greek Yogurt Vs Regular Yogurt
Ever wondered why every health conscious person around you is going gaga over Greek yogurt? What’s with the constant regular…
Foods You Should Never Cook In The Microwave
Foods You Should Never Cook In The Microwave! Microwave ovens are an amazing invention. They can cook foods quickly, making…
6 Things Every Home Cook Should Know
Being a good cook isn’t just about being able to prepare a meal. Being a good cook means knowing and…
Measurements Demystified – How Many Cups In A Gallon? How Many Ounces In A Pint?
Generally, when following recipes or cookbooks or cooking shows, we tend to get confused about this ounce, pint, gallon liquid…
Amul – The Longest Ad Campaign In The World
The Longest Ad Campaign In The World? A protest, a voice to say “NO” to exploitation can change the world…
Fad Diets Facts, Fiction And Their Unrealistic Weight-loss Claims
Every now and then there is a Buzz in the health groups and people start following the latest and trendiest…