Japanese Sandwich Loaf Bread (Tangzhong Method)
- For ROUX .Cold water 1 cup
- All purpose flour 6 tablespoon
- For Bread.Yeast 1 tablespoon
- sugar 1/2 tablespoon
- lukewarm milk 1/2 cup
- all purpose flour 3 cups
- sugar 4 tablespoon
- salt 3/4 teaspoon
- Egg 1
- milk 1 tablespoon for egg wash
- Roux preparation.In a small saucepan,add 1 cup cold water and 6 tablespoon all purpose flower.Stir with a wooden spatula until no lumps.Heat mixture over medium heat .Stir constantly until Tangzhong is thickened.When it is thickened remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dry yeast and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar into 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk. Stir to combine.In a handmixer(I have used only that)add cooled Tanzhong and 21/2 cup of all purpose flour (reserve 1/2 a cup of flour).
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoon of sugar and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.Add frothy yeast mixture to it.Knead for 5 minutes.If the dough is wet add reserved flour 1 tablespoon at a time.The flour absorb the mixture from the dough.
- When the dough becomes a round ball add softened butter 1 tablespoon.If the dough is sticky add one more tablespoon of flour at a time.Scrape down the sides well from the bowl.Add remaining flour and let it mix well .Knead for 15 minutes .
- After finishing take a small piece to check the elasticity of the dough by pulling between fingers.Its done.Make a ball and rest it in a oil applied bowl.Rest it for 1 hour.
- The dough should be doubled .Knock it down to deflate the air bubbles.
- Now divide the dough into equal parts and make small balls .Rest it for 15 minutes.Grease the loaf tin. When the rest time over knead the ball and roll the dough.
- Arrange the rolled dough in the greased tin .Rest it for 45 minutes for second proofing to double the size.
- The dough has risen. Apply egg wash( egg yolk mixed with milk)Apply this mixture on top of the risen dough.After 2 minutes apply second coat to get the golden crust.
- Preheat oven to 345 degree.Bake it for 20 minutes.During halfway rotate the tin to 180 degrees to get uniform brown color.Remove from oven and cool it on a wire rack for 30 minutes before un moulding.
- Un mould from tin.Remove and cut into slices.Store it in a bread box which will last fresh for few days
Lazy Women’S Mango Cobbler
After eagerly waiting for a very good reason to make my 'Lazy women's Mango Cobbler'.…
Crispy Cheese Balls Without Oil
Here is a simple recipe of how to make bread cheese balls at home. Homemade…
Methi Makai Matar Malai (Sweet Corn & Green Pea Creamy Fenugreek Curry)
This recipe is especially for those who are not too excited about the winter greens…
Eggless Chocolate Cake With Molasses
An Eggless Chocolate cake recipe with molasses which packed with goodness of Molasses and its…
"Pohala" fish is a common variety we get in local fish market in Odisha. Usually…
Mawa (Khoya) Elaichi Nutty Kulfi
Kulfi is an all time favorite Indian frozen dessert. When it is homemade you can…
5 Foods that are Good to Eat During Stroke Recovery
Unfortunately, strokes occur much more the older you get. They leave victims struggling with weakness, muscle spasms, speech impediments, and…
5 Baking Tips with whole wheat Flour
What are the 5 Baking Tips with whole wheat Flour? Are you petrified to make whole wheat bread because it…
Spices of India – Name List With Pictures And Their Uses
Variety is the Spice of Food Spices of India: An Indian household is known for its culture and food. India…
Top 7 Reasons To Switch To A Vegan Diet For Improved Health And Well-Being
It is necessary to talk about something that’s been getting more and more popular these days: a vegan diet. You…
Gelato vs Ice cream vs Custard vs Frozen yogurt vs soft serve – What’s the difference?
How many times have you heard these terms which confuse the hell out of you? All you wanted was an…
Is Squash or Pumpkin a Fruit or Vegetable? [INFOGRAPHIC] Types of Squash, Nutritional benefits, and much more…
Is Squash or Pumpkin a Fruit or Vegetable? They say that the tastiest food is not healthy. Squash, though, is…