A rice cooked in milk,rose essence and topped with nuts. Its nice to be serve hot or chilled.Â
Yield / Serves
Best Sellers on Amazon
Basmati Rice / Raw rice â€“ Â¼ cup
Milk â€“ 2 cups
Water â€“ 1 cup
Rose essence â€“ 3 drops
Sugar â€“ 1/3 cup
Cashews â€“ 5 nos.
Raisins â€“ 3 tbsp
Ghee (Clarified butter) â€“ 1 tbsp
1. In a strong bottomed pan, add ghee, after it start melts, roast cashews and raisins. Drain the ghee and keep aside.
2. In the same pan with remaining ghee, add rice and roast well in medium flame without burning the rice.
3. Let the roast rice to cool, grind it roughly not to smooth powder. It should be in broken rice stage.Take this in a bowl and keep read.
4. Heat a sauce pan or the same pan we roasted the rice, Add 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water. After it starts boiling, add roast and grind rice.
5. Allow it to cook in medium flame for 10 to 12 mins. Then add sugar and cook.
6. Check in the mid, how the rice cooked. Finally add the rose essence and roasted cashews and raisins.
7. Mix well and cook for two more minutes. Turn off the flame. Serve hot or chilled.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4 based on 1 votes
Be the first to rate this post.
Share on pinterest
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Browse by Served As
Browse Recipes By