Ratlami Sev Curry (Indore Style)
Ratlami sev is an accompaniment with most of our food in MP, I have grown up eating achaar, Papd, Sev with meals. Indore specially has a huge variety of Namkeens we could even think off..So here I am sharing a recipe from Indore which is quick easy & you can make it anytime with no fuss. I make it healthy too while cooking it in olive oil & loads of tomatoes. Good news for health freaks, 1 cup of this curry is less then 200 calories, so you don't have to think much & can indulge in this spicy treat when ever you want...:-)
- 1 Cup Ratlami Sev
- 2 big tomatoes (1 finely chopped or pureed & the other in big rough pieces)
- 2 small onion (1 finely chopped & other in big rough pieces)
- 1 red dry chili
- 1 tej patta
- 1 or 1 1/2 tbs red chili powder depending upon the hotness
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- coriander leaves for garnish
- In a wok, heat oil & put Tej patta & dry red chili.
- Once starts crackling, add onions & saute till they become golden
- Now add all dry spices with some water. After 5 mins put tomatoes & salt, salt will help the tomatoes to release water soon, Now put the lid.
- Cook until oil separates & tomatoes become soft
- Now add 3 cups of water & boil into slightly thick curry.
- Now add Ratlami sev, boil for a min.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves & serve hot with Chapati..
- Use Akash Ratlami sev as it taste the best
- Sev tends to soften soon, so add them 5 mins before the serving time so that you can have bites of sev as well.
- Here I used two different styles of Oinion & tomato, rough big pieces & finely chopped, so that the small pieces will give thick gravy & big pieces will give bites.
No comments yet
Amazing it is!!!
Easy n traditional, nice to learn something coming from mp..very nice.