Ragi Sevai Uthapam
Ragi sevai uthapam is an interesting healthy breakfast option to serve instead of the regular sevai recipe or even the leftover sevai can be converted into nutritious dosa by adding ragi flour, wheat flour and bansi rava. The same recipe can also be prepared like regular dosa instead of uthapam. And to make it more healthy, include grated veggies like carrot, beetroot etc.
- 1 Cup Ragi sevai / Vermicilli Cooked
- 1/2 Cup Ragi flour
- 1/2 Cup Wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp Bansi rava / wheat rava
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 3 Springs of Curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Water adjust accordingly
- To cook Ragi sevai - Follow the packet instructions or soak the ragi sevai in water for a minute, squeeze the water and steam it for 10 minutes. Once done, remove from the flame and cool it.
- Measure 1 cup of cooked sevai for this recipe and add it to a bowl.
- Add ragi flour along with wheat flour and bansi rava to the cooked sevai. Add the measured curd and salt.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well to get the batter consistency and keep aside for 30 minutes. Add the remaining water as the water gets absorbed and mix well. ( Add extra water if necessary ).
- Heat non stick dosa pan, take one ladle of batter and prepare like thick pan cake / thick dosa. Sprinkle finely chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Smear little olive oil, cover and cook both the sides in a medium flame. Once done, remove from the flame and repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney and sambhar.