Ragi~Banana Pancakes Sweetened With Honey
Since a couple of weeks now, I've given up on all refined foods that including, Maida and white sugar, so then why must I feed these evils to my little son?, This recipe is quick, easy and uses only a handful of nutritious ingredients, Ragi or Nachni is substituted for APF, bananas add multiple nutrients and act as the first sweetener, an egg besides adding its own nutrition also gives a light texture, lastly our main man Honey is poured all over for that creamy luscious smoothness and required sweetening.
- 1 small egg or 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp ragi flour
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg or all spice powder optional
- 2 tsp butter or ghee
- Milk if required to thin out the batter
- Honey as required to serve
- In a bowl finely mash the over ripe bananas, to these add in the ragi and all purpose flours, next add in salt, all spice and baking powder and mix well. Now crack in an egg and whisk in, alternatively you can use baking soda.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 20 mins. After 20 mins sizzle 1/2 tsp butter in a skillet and drop in a ladle full of the batter onto the butter.
- Cook on a medium flame. Once the pancake gets dry on the sides flip it over and cook for some more time. Repeat by adding a small amount of butter or ghee to the skillet before every new pancake.
- Stack all the pancakes in a serving dish, drizzle with honey and serve. Dont forget to pack some in your kiddo's tiffin box.
Recipe sponsored by Apis Himalaya Honey Visit Profile / Website
In collaboration with
No comments yet
Wonderful and healthy recipe!
In my previous comment, I said and now I see the change. Very good change indeed. I love feeding Ragi to my daughter and hope to make it soon. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.