Ghevar.. A Rajasthani delicacy as well as famous in the adjoining states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Gujrat and Madhya Pradesh. Dhinga Gavar is famous festival of Rajasthan known as Ganagaur. Mainly Ghevar is associated with this festival..Generally it is prepared in different states with different occasion. Like in Gujarat and Rajasthan for Uttarayan and Makar sakranti and Gangaur and in UP for saawan teej in August and for Rakshabandhan also. Ghevar is Round Disc shape Cake which is available in many varieties like Malai Ghevar, Rabdi Ghevar, Paneer Ghevar, kesar Pista Ghevar , plain sweet and non sweet also.So I will tell to my all friends especially my NRI friends who do not find Ghevar easily out of India. Rabdi Ghevar is quite easy to make. No specific mould is required and you can celebrate Traditional festival with Traditional sweet..
For sugar syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 5 cup milk full fat
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds crushed
- 8-10 pistachios blanch, peeled, sliced
- 8-10 almonds blanch, peeled, sliced
- Silver vark optional
- Saffron for garnish
First we will make Rabdi
- In a heavy bottom pan add milk sugar evaporated milk and cardamom mix well and let it boil on slow medium flame till it reduces 1/4 in quantity or thick paste like consistency..
- Rabdi should be in white color not yellowish.... Switch off the gas. Keep it out in another bowl. Let it keep in Fridge for chill..
Now we will make sugar syrup.
- In a pan add sugar water saffron and let it boil. Keep stirring. When it reaches 1 string consistency it done.. Switch off the flame. Add lemon juice to avoid sugar crystals. over it and keep it aside..
Now work on ghevar
- Sieve all purpose flour keep it aside.. in a big bowl add ghee add 8-10. Cubes of ice beat it with help of hands till ghee become more whiter and fluffy and smooth in texture. Now remove ice.. Add this ice in water we use later..
- Add all purpose flour little by little once. Add milk first make smooth lump free paste add more flour milk and repeat this process when milk over we will add chill water.. until flour finish.
- Batter of Ghevar should look like pouring consistency batter like full fat milk..
- In a thick bottom tall height we say milk boil pan but we need tall in height. At least 5" tall. Add 1/4 of ghee of the pan so ghevar can fry whole. Heat ghee at its highest. We want ghee to be hot enough..
- Pour ladle full batter from at least 1 feet height of gas.. make holes in center of Ghevar..So process can repeat..
- When foam settles down repeat this process with another ladle full. Batter in center. Keep repeat this process until you pour cup full or 250 ml batter consistency..
- When it nicely brown in color keep it out with help of skewer or stick carefully over a plate.
- Repeat this process till batter finish up. And make rest 5-6 ghevar like this
- Put Ghevar on one by one like a stack. Pour warm sugar syrup over first Ghevar by tbsp. So other ghevar also can moist and sugar syrup doesn't get wasted
- Remove first one do this process if sugar syrup one by one with other Ghevar
- Spread chill Rabri over ghevar. Garnish it with pistachios and almonds slices and silver vark and saffron.. Serve and enjoy..
Calories: 779 kcal | Carbohydrates: 122 g | Protein: 18 g | Fat: 26 g | Saturated Fat: 15 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 81 mg | Sodium: 201 mg | Potassium: 740 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 103 g | Vitamin A: 633 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 553 mg | Iron: 2 mg
No comments yet
Awesome yummy looking pic and recipe..