Prawn Potato Gravy
Most commonly I prepare this gravy, when I use to have little quantity of prawns without any discussion, I blindly prepare this recipe. The taste, texture and flavor of this dish are too good. It goes out well with pulav, briyani and steamed rice.
- Prawn â€“ 250 gm
- Potato â€“ 2 nos medium sized
- Onions â€“ 200 gm
- Tomato â€“ 150 gm
- Cinnamon â€“ 1â€ inch stick
- cloves â€“ 3 nos
- Star anise â€“ 1 no
- Mustard seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Methi seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Curry leaves â€“ a string
- Cumin seeds â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Green chillies â€“ 2 nos
- Ginger-garlic paste â€“ 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder â€“ Â½ tsp
- Cumin powder â€“ 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Oil â€“ 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves â€“ for garnishing
- Clean the prawns. Peel and cube the potatoes into medium size. Finely chop the onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in the kadai. Add mustard, cumin, methi and curry leaves; wait till they crackle.
- Add in the cloves, cinnamon and star anise, sautÃ© for few seconds till they turn dark in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and onions. Fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till they are mushy.
- Add all the spice powders (turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder), potato and salt. Fry for few minutes.
- Pour in a cup of water and cover with the lid, till the potato gets 75% cooked.
- Add in the prawns and salt. Let it boil and pour half a cup of water. Cover with the lid, till the prawn is cooked.
- Remove the lid and put in medium flame till it becomes semi-gravy.
- Serve hot with pulav, briyani and steamed rice.