Luscious prawns in the form of biryani. Something different from the regular one and an absolute delishhhhh.
- Heat a heavy bottomed kadhai, put some ghee/oil.
- Add the Tej patta, half the cloves, half the cinnamon, half the starannise and half the cardamom.
- Then add the sliced onion and saute till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, and saute. Put in the powdered masalas and cook further.
- Then add the curd while continuously stirring it.
- Add salt and let it simmer till the masala leaves oil.
- While this is happening, cook the Basmati rice with rest of the whole garam masalas, little oil, salt and water. Parboil it. Strain. Don't throw the starch, jeep about half cup of it.
- Add the prawns to the masala and stir. let it cook for just 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Now take a big tawa pan, heat it on the burner, and lower the flame. Place the kadhai with the masala on it. Now layer the rice over it.
- Put some ghee in the half cup of starch, little Kesar and sprinkle it all over the rice.
- Put the lid and seal it. cook for 30-35 minutes on a low flame . rest and serve.
Buy on Amazon