Potato Sheera / Patate Jo Seero
Potato sheera is made usually on fasting days. It is very easy to make and really very delicious.
- Potatoes ... 2 large
- Sugar ...... 1/2 cup adjust as per your preference
- Green cardamoms ... 3-4
- Saffron .. 1 pinch
- Ghee .... 2 tbsps
- Pistachios / almonds .. 2-3 for garnishing.
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the lightly crushed cardamoms.
- When they give out aroma, add the potatoes and saute for few minutes.
- Add a pinch of saffron and sugar.
- Keep stirring until the sugar is absorbed and the sheera starts to leave the sides.
- Garnish with saffron strands and chopped nuts.